Monday, November 16, 2009

Blake and the Dentist

Poor ol' Blake spent the morning at the dentist's office getting some much
needed cavities taken care of. He was so good. He was excited, but nervous
to go. This morning I told Blake to make sure he flossed his teeth. He said with
a straight face, "because you don't want to look like a bad mommy?". Well, too late
I thought to myself, we are going because you already have cavities...wow, I am a bad
mom! =) The dentist kept telling me and him what a great job he was doing. I
agreed. After we were done Blake said he can't wait to go back and see Dr. Jay
(let's hope it's just for a cleaning though!). We also made a pit stop to DQ for
a Dilly bar as a treat, hence the cavities. Anyway, have you been to DQ and
gotten a Dillybar lately? Wow, there is a lot of variety now....Heath, Butterscotch,
Chocolate, Butterfinger....I was amazed. I'm sure more, those candy covered ones
just caught my attention. Yummy! Even at 10:45 in the morning. Gotta love treats!
As we were leaving the house before school this morning I found some school
work that Blake had completed from Olivia's class when he and I vonlunteered
the other day. Olivia was quick to point out that Blake's work looked much better
than hers. I just had to laugh. Blake's coloring and letters were a little more precise
than hers, but really they were both nice. She didn't think it was very funny, after I
laughed, of course. He was happy that he was able to second grade work, she was not.

1 comment:

{j} said...

Jen, I love your babies, but they're not babies anymore. Blake is becoming such an independent little man. He used to seem so little and content to be Olivia's little shadow. Now he seems so big and brave! What happens to them? I remember one of our hot August nights when you were pregnant with Blake. That seems so long ago now!